onsdag 1. desember 2010

IKEA and loads of lights

I just found out that I have readers from all over the world! To make it easier for you I decided to write in English, at least for a while. It's good for me to practice my spelling, which is a bit out of shape.

Does anybody (local) have any information about the guy to the left!? He sometimes control the traffic, and I've seen him around Nacional a couple of times. The first time I noticed him was 'cause of his crazy driving on the pedestrian walk. Then suddeny he parked his motorbike right in fornt of us, was in the middle of the junction blowing his whistle, and we were stuck for abount 10 min, till a police car had passed. Then his job was done, and he was gone in a seccond. He drives the green/blue motobike, and he seems a bit like Tarzan on it. 

Anyway, off to IKEA with Kierstin and Gerardo. I wanted to buy a French Press (presskanne), and I found one. And as usual I found a lot of other things as well... Albóndigas con fritas y mucho salsa rojo, por favor. Accually I got a bit homesick in IKEA, because it is just like being home. (Except I have my meatballs with fries instead of potatoes, and I drink beer with it instead of water.) 

On the way back we stopped at a wonderful park. Someone has decided to put lots of enormous animals there, in the middle of some of the roads with the most heavy traffic (Lincon and Kennedy). Now they have put lights on eveything. They love their lights in this city. 

This is definitely my favorit! 

Not a palm tree is left in the dark. 

This is another park, between two other main roads, Lincon and Lope De Vega. It's also wonderful. Notice the poinsettias (julestjerne)!! They have been working on the lights for a looong time, and are finally done! I am a bit worried though, we havn't had a power failure in a long time, but this must put a lot of pressure on the powerlines...

3 kommentarer:

  1. Thats Mr 'AMET, not at all friendly traffic police! :P

    SvarSlett
  2. du hadde elska parkane her, MJ! ;-)

    and mr'AMET, interesting. and he doesn't seem friendly at all to me. wanna hear more, Ozumy, I'll remember to ask you next time we meet!

    SvarSlett